Frequently Asked Questions
I have never done this before, how do I want my meat packaged?
It is best to call us so we can talk you through your cutting instructions. To prepare for this think about the following:
On a beef (all split ½’s will be cut at ¾” for steaks, and roasts will be 3-4#)
- How many steaks per package? (what you would cook at one time)
- Do you want roasts? (normally 3-4#)
- Do you want tenderized round steak? (this could be ground for more burger)
- What size packages of ground beef? (1#, 1.5#, or 2#)
On a hog (split in half or kept as a whole hog)
These are standards in cutting for beef and pork, other cuts are available upon request on whole and half orders. All boneless cuts will have additional charges. Click here to download a beef cutting chart as a PDF file.
- How many pork chops per package? (what you would cook at one time)
- Roast (3-4#)
- Bacon (on standard size hogs only, Regular or Peppered, sliced medium, thick or thin)
- Hams (cut in half, cut in thirds or cut in fourths, what size packaging would work best for you)
- Sausage (one choice per half, mild, hot, x-hot or fresh ground pork=not seasoned)